Amalia Starr offers presentations, workshops & trainings in all areas pertaining to her thirty-seven years of experience raising a son with autism, untreatable epilepsy, and severe learning disorders. Her son, Brandon, has achieved what professionals believed to be impossible. He has been living on his own successfully, enjoying his independence, for the past twelve years. She is an author of a newly released book, Raising Brandon, which is quickly becoming a manual for parents with children with autism and special needs. It informs, educates, and gives hope to a generation of parents struggling for answers.
Tell Amalia what you are looking for and in no time she will have a presentation, workshop or training catered exclusively for your audience. “My talks always take on a life of their own,” says Starr. Her candidness, authenticity and spontaneity keep her fresh and relevant. Her mission is to empower and support parents of children/adults with autism & special needs. She offers hope, information and motivation through firsthand experiences and stories. Her Q&A segments are always informative. Her uplifting, charismatic personality is contagious. Your attendees will leave feeling, inspired, upbeat, and well informed.
With Amalia’s vast years of experience and knowledge she offers many topics to choose from. Combine any of the topics (in the menu below) that you would like Amalia to present to your organization, conference, group or meeting. Amalia is happy to work with you any way she can in order to make your event special, uplifting, and informative for you and your guests.
WORKSHOPS—Supporting and Empowering Parents of Children/Adults with Autism and Special Needs
TRAINING SESSIONS FOR THE PROFESSIONALS—from a parent’s perspective
1. Befriending the Parents (overall-basic): How to interact with parents who have children and adult “kids” with autism and special needs.
2. Early Intervention (0-3): How to work with parents whose child has been newly diagnosed or who feels their young child is different.
3. It’s never too late”: How to work with parents whose child’s diagnosis didn’t come until very late in life.
4. Independence: How to teach and reach the parents to help their children become independent.
5. Full potential: New ways to work with the parents to help them and their children reach their full potential.
6. Training for Parents: Parent-to-Parent Bonding: Training parents with children who have autism and special needs how to support and empower other parents who have special need’s children.
Attend one of Amalia Starr’s presentations, workshops & training sessions. Sign up for your free personal phone consultation. Read her new book, Raising Brandon, which provides the proven tools to help your child reach their full potential—no matter their age or stage of development.